marketing through marketing and non-marketing materials for small and medium organizations

The problem I faced, I'm going to tell it by 3 short paragraphs, background, problem and solution.

One month ago I was doing web app for developers. While I was developing that tool, I was thinking how to market this app to get more traffic and ways to monetise this app. In my mind I developed a business model and strategy to market the service (the web app).

But in my mind, I was thinking about the budget that I can allocate to the marketing, the potential users, revenue that I can get, the risk involved in what if goes for a failure, the ways that I can recover???, etc. Hmm, Simply, the thing is that I'm doing is finding ways to get more users, to my product/service. And the problem is to get the presence in front of developers in order to get to know my app and use for their development. In current scenario, all the people got used to search  the information on Google, Bing, Ask, etc. So, I have to get onto the listing on those as well. And I have to use some direct and indirect ways to market my app. While I was thinking direct and indirect marketing stuff, I thought that If you are doing some physical product/service and doing marketing on those, all the users who use your product/service will depend on the marketing effort you do. It's not only marketing your product, it's marketing the marketing materials as well. Say for example, you sell bottled drink, which your brand name is printed on the bottle, and if the bottle is reusable and handy enough, then people will use the bottle for carry water while their travelling in day to day basis. That will increase indirect marketing, you didn't even try to market you drink and it's taste, quality. The problem I was thinking that kid of solution for my web app to drive more traffic into my app, keep in touch with users and increase returning users (increase number of purposes for that). Because, I can not invest a lot of money on to my app marketing. Yes, the same thing is happening with small and medium enterprises, they have their limited budget and want more and more sales, keep the trust in customers mind as well.

Finally, I got a way to do that, for my app (or physical product or a service) I generally do marketing the product/service  ... true. Then what happen to the documentation, it is the thing the potential customers, users, will see first. Hmm, Facebook is doing this by FB pages up to their concerned expectation. They will give you web presence, customer reach, keep in touch with customers, marketing to your product/service. Yeah, not only that, I'm referring to all the marketing and non-marketing materials that can be used to market your product/service. To my web app, If there is a place to market my documentation, user manuals, etc. Say for bottled drink company, to market and get the feedbacks from users for the shape of the bottle, places of the shops that the drink is available, types of bottles, prices of each type, that are there on your web page. What is your idea !!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stubbing Netflix OSS Eureka for local development of microservices

SSH and Internet connection sharing over crossover ethernet cable from OS X (Mac) to Raspberry PI (model B)